The Endocannabinoid System
- Is present in all humans
- Is present in all vertebrates and some invertebrates
- Fosters cellular balance throughout nearly every biological system in your body
- primarily responsible for managing homeostasis: your body’s natural condition of balance.
- Receptors exist throughout the body (brain, digestive system, lymphatic system, reproductive system)
- The ECS is involved in regulating a variety of processes including appetite, sleep, pain and pleasure sensation, immune system, motor control, reproduction, mood and memory.
- Consists of CB1 & CB2 receptors